1. We mistake thirst for hunger. Sometimes my stomach growls and I often think I need a meal. My doctor advised me to try drinking a glass of water and see if the hunger stops.
2. Craving salty foods could be a sign that you’re dehydrated. Salt retains water and craving it is your body’s way of telling you to drink more water.
3. Try infusing your water with fruit, veggies, and herbs to give it an extra taste without diluting the water. My favorite is cucumber. You can also try watermelon; strawberries and mint; lemons; blueberries; or pineapple.
4. Drink a glass of water before a meal. It’ll keep you fuller and could stop you from overeating.
5. Carry a water bottle with you in your car or in your bag. It’s important to always have access to stay hydrated during the hot summers.
6. Keeping hydrated can keep you from feeling fatigued throughout the day.
7. Good hydration can prevent arthritis. With plenty of water in your body, there is less friction in your joints, thus less chance of developing arthritis.
8. Your body is composed of about 60% water. The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature
Cheers to you!